Kambala has a history and longstanding tradition of being a caring, vibrant and academic environment.
VISION AND MISSION
Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity.
Kambala’s mission is to challenge and nurture every girl to realise her full potential for personal and academic excellence. We honour our heritage and Anglican traditions while creating an environment of innovation and change. As a community we embrace diversity, foster inclusion and celebrate our capacity to make a difference in the world.
Humanity | Courage | Curiosity | Respect
In order to provide students with the widest choice of possibilities, Kambala girls can elect to achieve either the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or the NSW High School Certificate (HSC) in Years 11 and 12. Kambala’s history of HSC and IB graduates further demonstrates our commitment to and pursuit of academic excellence, nationally and on a global scale.
- HSC – The School consistently ranks among the top non-selective girls’ schools in Sydney.
- IB Diploma – Our Diploma students consistently achieve Diploma scores well above the world-average.
- NAPLAN – Kambala consistently performs substantially above national averages.
Student and staff wellbeing is a key priority for Kambala. All members of the School community have the right to enjoy a safe and positive environment that promotes tolerance and respect. We recognise the importance of raising girls who are resilient and have a connection with life’s journey and a global perspective. At Kambala:
- Learning takes place in a safe and supportive environment.
- Personal possessions and School property are treated with care and respect.
- School values are upheld by the wider community.
- A Christian ethos underpins our interactions.
- Bullying and harassment are not tolerated.
Principal Shane Hogan, the Kambala School Executive and Council present an exciting look at the future of the teaching culture at Kambala: KITE – The Kambala Institute of Teaching Excellence.
The overarching goal of KITE is to attract, retain and develop outstanding teachers and to create the framework and conditions for teachers to reach new heights in their professional practice and career development. The video here highlights some of the key areas and other exciting things to come in 2019!