“The Kambala community continued to support me beyond my time as a student” – Anthea Balzer, Kambala Old Girl ’08
Entry levels at Kambala are generally Preparation (must turn 4 by 31 March of that year), Year 5 and Year 7 with small intakes in Transition to Year 4 and Year 6. Entry after Year 7 is dependent upon an interview and assessment.
An application form is required for each student wishing to enter Kambala. Some priority is given to daughters or granddaughters of Old Girls, to those with sisters already attending and to country boarders.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1 – Learn more. Visit our School.
Parents considering enrolling their daughter are encouraged to obtain our Enrolment Information Pack, including application form, fee schedule and Prospectus.
If you wish to take a tour of Kambala, you are welcome to make an appointment with the Director of Enrolments.
Step 2 – Lodge an application.
Application forms are available by contacting the Kambala Enrolments Office. The following items should be included with the application:
- a photocopy of your daughter’s last two school reports
- a non-refundable application fee of AUD$300
- evidence of English language proficiency (international students only)
- a photocopy of your daughter’s birth certificate.
Step 3 – Accept a place.
Places are generally offered two years in advance of the year of intended enrolment. Once the place is accepted, a non-refundable entrance fee is required to secure the place.
DOWNLOAD A PROSPECTUS
Download your copy of the Prospectus to find out more about how Kambala:
- inspires every student to realise her own purpose with integrity, passion and generosity
- equips its students to lead purposeful and rewarding lives.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Students do not sit an entrance exam, however, all students from Year 3 onwards sit placement testing as part of their orientation activities. This testing provides staff with information regarding every girl’s learning needs moving forward.
From Prep to Year 2, there are two classes of 20 in each cohort.
In Years 3 and 4, there are two classes of 24 in each cohort.
In Year 5 and 6, there are three classes of 24.
From Year 7 to Year 12, the average cohort is 100 girls.
Kambala welcomes students from around the world. As well as international boarders, we enrol the daughters of overseas visitors who hold appropriate business or temporary visas issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Kambala is a CRICOS registered provider (#02284M) for a limited number of Full Fee Paying Overseas Students (FFPOS).
A Full Fee Paying Overseas student requires a student visa to attend school in Australia. This does not include Australian or New Zealand citizens, those carrying permanent or temporary resident visas or refugees.
Evidence of English language proficiency will be required and applicants will be asked to sit the Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS) testing, either in their own country or Australia.
For more information, download the Full Fee Paying Overseas Students booklet (pdf).
- Academic Support Policy
- Administration of the ESOS Framework
- CRICOS Registration
- Default Policy (Overseas Students)
- Deferring, Suspending or Cancelling Overseas Student Enrolment
- Education Agents Policy
- English Language Proficiency and Educational Qualifications Policy
- Formalisation of Overseas Student Enrolment and Written Agreement Policy
- Missing Overseas Students Policy
- Monitoring Course Progress, Attendance and Duration Policy
- Overseas Student Intervention Strategy Policy
- Overseas Student Transfer Policy
- Overseas Student Complaints Appeals Policy
- Overseas Student Complaints Handling Policy
- Overseas Student Critical Incidents Response Policy
- Overseas Student Refund Policy
- Overseas Student Support Services Policy
- Unsatisfactory Course Progress or Attendance Policy
- Younger Overseas Students Accomodation Arrangements Policy
- Younger Overseas Students Policy
Kambala offers a variety of scholarships each year. Applications are welcomed from girls who are either current students or who are attending other schools at the time of application. All scholarship examinations are conducted by external providers at Kambala. These examinations usually take place in Term 1 each year. The following scholarships are available:
Year 5 entry
- Open Academic Scholarship – external and current Kambala students
Year 7 entry
- Open Academic Scholarship – external and current Kambala students
- Kambala Council Academic Scholarship (means-tested) – external students
- Music Scholarship (means-tested) – external students
- Extra-Curricular Scholarship (means-tested) – external students
- Rose Holdsworth Boarding Scholarship (means-tested) – external students
Year 8 to 11 entry
- Rural Assistance Boarding Bursary (means-tested) – external and current students
- Year 11 Hawke Scholarship (for daughters or granddaughters of Kambala Old Girls) – external and current Kambala students
- Hawke Scholarship
- Yalari Indigenous Scholarships
Download the Scholarships Brochure for more information.
How to apply for Scholarships
Please ensure you download and read our Scholarships Brochure before completing your application with Kambala.
Registrations close on Friday 1 February for the Year 7 Music Scholarship. Registrations close on Friday 22 February for all other Scholarships. 2020 Scholarship examinations and auditions will be held on Saturday 2 March 2019.
In addition to registering online for Scholarship examinations, each student and their parent/carers must submit the following:
Students applying for all scholarships are required to provide a brief portfolio including:
- a copy of their most recent School Report and NAPLAN results
- a list of activities and achievements and copies of any applicable certificates
- a letter from the student to the Principal outlining why they wish to be educated at Kambala.
Please post or deliver (do not email) to the Enrolments Office at Kambala no later than the day of the scholarship examination. Please do not include originals of any documents in the portfolio.
Financial documents required for means-tested awards
Please post or deliver (do not email) to the Enrolments Office at Kambala no later than the day of the scholarship examination the following supporting financial documentation (for both parent/carers):
- Tax Returns and Notice of Assessments for the past three financial years
- financial statements for the past three financial years
- independent valuation of land, buildings and equipment owned
- summary of share portfolio and/or other investments
- verification from your bank of the bank account balances of all accounts held
- evidence of any life or other insurance payout for the past five years
- a letter signed by both parents declaring that the information provided is true and correct and that permission is given to verify financial information. Witnessed by JP or an Accountant.
The School year at Kambala generally commences at the end of January and finishes at the start of December following the Annual Distribution of Prizes at Sydney Town Hall. School holidays are in line with the standard NSW public holidays.
2018 TERM DATES
|Term 1||Tue 30 Jan to Thu 12 Apr|
|School holidays||Fri 13 Apr to Sun 29 Apr|
|Term 2||Mon 30 Apr to Thu 28 Jun|
|School holidays||Fri 29 Jun to Mon 23 Jul|
|Term 3||Tue 24 Jul to Thu 27 Sep|
|School holidays||Fri 28 Sep to Sun 14 Oct|
|Term 4||Mon 15 Oct to Wed 5 Dec|
|School holidays||Thu 6 Dec to Thu 31 Jan 2019|
2019 TERM DATES
|Term 1||Fri 1 Feb to Thu 11 Apr|
|School holidays||Fri 12 Apr to Sun 28 Apr|
|Term 2||Tue 30 Apr to Fri 28 Jun|
|School holidays||Mon 1 Jul to Mon 22 Jul|
|Term 3||Tue 23 Jul to Thu 26 Sep|
|School holidays||Fri 27 Sep to Mon 14 Oct|
|Term 4||Tue 15 Oct to Tue 3 Dec|
|School holidays||Wed 4 Dec to Thu 30 Jan 2020|
Hampshire House: 7.30am–6.00pm
Junior and Senior School: Office hours – 8.00am–4.00pm; School operational hours – 8.20am–3.20pm
Kambala has an onsite uniform shop called Outfitters. For further information, please contact Outfitters below.
Kambala is easily accessible by a number of public transport options. View maps and transport via our contact page below.
Please request an information pack to view Kambala’s fee structure.