Entry to Kambala
Entry levels at Kambala are generally Preparation (must turn 4 by 31 March of that year), Year 5 and Year 7 with small intakes in Transition to Year 4 and Year 6. Entry after Year 7 is dependent upon an interview and assessment.
An application form is required for each student wishing to enter Kambala. Some priority is given to daughters or granddaughters of Old Girls, to those with sisters already attending and to country boarders.
How to Apply
Step 1 – Learn more. Visit our School.
Parents considering enrolling their daughter are encouraged to obtain our Enrolment Information Pack, including application form, fee schedule and Prospectus.
If you wish to take a tour of Kambala, you are welcome to make an appointment with the Director of Enrolments.
Step 2 – Lodge an application.
Application forms are available by contacting the Kambala Enrolments Office. The following items should be included with the application:
- a photocopy of your daughter’s last two school reports
- a non-refundable application fee of AUD$300
- evidence of English language proficiency (international students only)
- a photocopy of your daughter’s birth certificate.
Step 3 – Accept a place.
Places are generally offered two years in advance of the year of intended enrolment. Once the place is accepted, a non-refundable entrance fee is required to secure the place.
Download a Prospectus
Download your copy of the Prospectus to find out more about how Kambala:
- inspires every student to realise her own purpose with integrity, passion and generosity
- equips its students to lead purposeful and rewarding lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students do not sit an entrance exam, however, all students from Year 3 onwards sit placement testing as part of their orientation activities. This testing provides staff with information regarding every girl’s learning needs moving forward.
Please contact our Enrolments Office to discuss your daughter’s enrolment.
From Prep to Year 2, there are two classes of 20 in each cohort.
In Years 3 and 4, there are two classes of 24 in each cohort.
In Year 5 and 6, there are three classes of 24.
From Year 7 to Year 12, the average cohort is 100 girls.
Kambala welcomes students from around the world. As well as international boarders, we enrol the daughters of overseas visitors who hold appropriate business or temporary visas issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Kambala is a CRICOS registered provider (#02284M) for a limited number of Full Fee Paying Overseas Students (FFPOS).
A Full Fee Paying Overseas student requires a student visa to attend school in Australia. This does not include Australian or New Zealand citizens, those carrying permanent or temporary resident visas or refugees.
Evidence of English language proficiency will be required and applicants will be asked to sit the Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS) testing, either in their own country or Australia.
For more information, download the Full Fee Paying Overseas Students booklet (pdf).
Kambala offers a variety of scholarships each year. Applications are welcomed from girls who are either current students or who are attending other schools at the time of application. All scholarship examinations are conducted by external providers at Kambala. These examinations usually take place in Term 1 each year. The following scholarships are available:
Year 5 entry
Year 7 entry
Year 8 to 11 entry
How to apply for Scholarships
Please ensure you download and read our Scholarships Brochure before completing your scholarship registration.
2025 scholarship details will be available from mid October 2023.
In addition to registering online for scholarship examinations, the following information is required to be uploaded to the scholarship registration portal:
- a copy of the applicant’s most recent school report and NAPLAN results (if applicable)
- a list of activities and achievements and copies of any applicable certificates
- a letter from the student to the Principal outlining why they wish to be considered for an award
- copies of AMEB results for music scholarship applicants.
Financial documents required for means-tested awards
If your daughter has been registered for a Means Tested award, the Enrolment Office will email you a Financial Declaration Form. You will also be asked to provide the following supporting financial documentation (for both parents/carers) no later than the day of the scholarship examination.
- Tax Returns and Notice of Assessments for the past three financial years
- financial statements for the past three financial years
- independent valuation of land, buildings and equipment owned
- summary of share portfolio and/or other investments
- verification from your bank of the bank account balances of all accounts held
- evidence of any life or other insurance payout for the past five years
- a letter from the parents/carers outlining why they wish their daughter to be considered for an award
- Completed Financial Declaration Form indicating that the information provided is true and correct and that permission is given to verify financial information. Witnessed by JP or an Accountant.
The School year at Kambala generally commences at the end of January and finishes at the start of December following the Annual Distribution of Prizes at Sydney Town Hall. School holidays are in line with the standard NSW public holidays.
2023 TERM DATES
|Term 1||Wed 1 Feb to Thu 6 Apr|
|School holidays||Fri 7 Apr to Wed 26 Apr|
|Term 2||Thu 27 Apr to Fri 23 Jun|
|School holidays||Mon 26 Jun to Fri 14 Jul|
|Term 3||Mon 17 Jul to Fri 22 Sep|
|School holidays||Mon 25 Sep to Fri 6 Oct|
|Term 4||Mon 9 Oct to Thu 7 Dec|
|School holidays||Fri 8 Dec to Tue 30 Jan|
2024 TERM DATES
|Term 1||Wed 31 Jan to Thu 11 Apr|
|School holidays||Fri 12 Apr to Tue 30 Apr|
|Term 2||Wed 1 May to Thu 27 Jun|
|School holidays||Fri 28 Jun to Mon 22 Jul|
|Term 3||Tue 23 Jul to Thu 26 Sep|
|School holidays||Fri 27 Sep to Mon 14 Oct|
|Term 4||Tue 15 Oct to Wed 11 Dec|
|School holidays||Thu 12 Dec to TBA|
Hampshire House: 7.30am–6.00pm
Junior and Senior School: Office hours – 8.00am–4.00pm; School operational hours – 8.20am–3.20pm
Kambala has an onsite uniform shop called Outfitters. For further information, please contact Outfitters below.
Kambala is easily accessible by a number of public transport options. View maps and transport via our contact page below.
Please request an information pack to view Kambala’s fee structure.