We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Early Childhood Teacher to join our team.
The ECT provides leadership in delivering high quality, inclusive programs within Hampshire House. Hampshire House is a co-educational school based long day care centre catering for children from 6 months to 5 years.
In this position the ECT will be responsible for having expert knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and relevant state based curriculums, child development and learning to lead the room’s education program and practice as well as the Centre practice to meet or exceed the National Quality Standard.
The position is part time (Tuesday and Wednesday) commencing June, 2021.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- contributing to the philosophy of Hampshire House and have a clear understanding of its application to planning, programming and every day practice.
- planning and delivering stimulating educational programs and maintaining accurate records.
- ensuring all programs, preparation and documentation are current and completed in a timely fashion.
- To use a broad range of practice to support the learning needs of each child and extend and enrich learning experiences.
- To use research-based information to implement effective teaching to suit individual needs.
- To design and facilitate a wide variety of purposeful group structures to engage and promote curiosity, open-mindedness and participation.
- To be familiar with the Education & Care Services National Regulations (2013) and meet the staff requirements contained in them.
- To work as part of a team to ensure high quality care and education for all children and work productively with colleagues.
- To lead the room with regards to staffing and decision-making.
- To meet the requirements for Centre Assessment & Rating & QIP.
- To undertake ongoing and sustained professional learning to maintain current educational research and ideas, and to share this with other staff.
- To initiate and maintain positive relationships with parents, caregivers, children, staff and members of the Kambala community.
- To involve parents in the planning and learning environment and experiences.
We are looking for an ELC who:
- has a natural rapport with staff and children
- possesses a high degree of confidentiality;
- holds excellent interpersonal skills;
- possesses analytical and problem-solving skills;
- has effective verbal and listening communications skills;
- can demonstrate excellent attention to detail;
- possesses excellent organisational skills;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- has previous experience working in a long day care setting.
- has an ACECQA approved degree in Early Childhood
- has approved First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
The successful applicant will need to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 21 May 2021