We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced full-time Administrator to join our strong administrative team.
The School Administrator will be responsible as a Staffing Clerk/Calendar Administrator supporting the Dean of Academic Administration in organising and scheduling teaching staff to fill a range of class cover across the school day and assist with the administration of whole school calendar submissions. This position works in a fast-paced environment which involves the use of a range of computer software programs and phone communication.
The position is permanent full time commencing in Term 2, 2021 working Monday to Friday between 07:00am to 3:00pm.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Providing efficient support to roster changes with minimal disruption to classes.
- Providing customer service with effective and positive communication with all stakeholders.
- Day to day rescheduling to cover unplanned changes in employee availability including sick leave, personal leave and emergency replacement or backfilling requirements.
- Supporting the Dean of Academic Administration to coordinate and produce assessment timetables and rooming schedules.
- Supporting the Dean of Academic Administration to resolve academic operational requests in a timely manner.
- Leave planning including annual leave, personal leave and study leave is scheduled to ensure continuity of classroom delivery.
- Monitor and action calendar approval spreadsheet.
- Enter all relevant submissions into the school calendar software.
- Update Trumba to reflect any changes.
- Link class lists to Trumba entries.
- Notify organisers and approvers of any clashes.
- Liaise with the event manager to cross check calendar and event planner information.
- Follow up with any clashes, missing information, change of details.
- Prompt organisers to complete submissions, confirm details, complete follow up (event planner, room booking etc)
- Work with the Dean of Academic Administration to discuss and prepare the agenda for the planning meetings.
- Planning meeting minute taker.
- Follow up after the planning meeting (contacting relevant organisers to confirm events, clarifying details, notifying relevant people of cancellations, updating Trumba).
- Look ahead to the upcoming term to confirm events, make any necessary changes.
- Assist with the planning and preparation of calendar submissions for the following year.
- General reception duties from time to time.
- Other ad-hoc administration tasks as required by the School.
We are looking for a Administrator who:
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls;
- possesses a high degree of confidentiality;
- holds excellent interpersonal skills;
- possesses analytical and problem-solving skills;
- has effective verbal and listening communications skills;
- can demonstrate excellent attention to detail;
- possesses excellent organisational skills;
- holds strong computer skills and knowledge;
- has a customer service orientation;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- school experience would be highly desirable;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school; and
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will need to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 19 April 2021