We are seeking an enthusiastic, proficient full-time ICT Network and Systems Support Officer to work within our friendly IT team.
The ICT Network and Systems Support Officer will work with the ICT Technical Manager and ICT Client Services Manager to provide and maintain an efficient, functional and stable ICT infrastructure. The role will act as a bridge between our service desk team and infrastructure support
The position is permanent full time commencing early in Term 2, 2021 working Monday to Friday between 08:00am to 4:00pm.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving network and system related problems escalated from help desk team and providing the best fix for them
- Analysing, evaluating and monitoring network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance
- Installing, configuring, testing, administering and maintaining computer networks and related networking devices including routers, switches, firewalls, servers, workstations and related systems such as database applications
- Use Windows Active Directory Services to do various system administration tasks such as user account management, log review, active directory management, group policies, patching and system maintenance
- Developing and maintaining instruction manuals, procedural documentation including operational, technical and configuration details based on diagnosis and resolution of network errors in addition to enhancements and modifications to networks
- Assist in configuration, deployment and maintenance of standard operating environment by acting as the point of escalation and resolution of technology problems
- Liaise with various software vendors and their help desk personnel to troubleshoot applications used throughout the school
- Help the ICT Support Team implement various departmental and business projects
- Provide technical support to clients (staff, students and parents)
- Other duties as assigned by Director of ICT
We are looking for:
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Patience, resilience and ability to remain level-headed under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes
- Excellent documentation, organisational, interpersonal & communication skills, including the ability to write concise staff announcements, documentation and guidelines
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge conscientiously through self-training and on the job experience
- A solid knowledge of networking concepts and fundamentals, including Windows administration
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
The successful applicant will need to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
In your application, please include the names of at least two referees and an up-to-date curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 19 April 2021