We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional to join our English faculty.
The position is a permanent full-time role, commencing in Term 1 2020.
The successful candidate will be a passionate English teacher who wants to work in a highly motivated and collaborative team that combines academic rigour with creative pedagogy. Experience in teaching at all stages particularly Stage 6, including the HSC English Advanced course, is desirable.
A temporary 12 month leadership opportunity also exists for the right candidate in the faculty as Assistant Head of English.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborative planning, programming and teaching at all levels
- Engaging in ongoing professional development to enhance academic content knowledge
- Commitment to deliver the content in an effective and dynamic way
- Establishing safe and supportive learning environments
- Managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is passionate about the teaching of English;
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls;
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to achieve the best results;
- possesses a strong academic record in a subject-specific qualification;
- possesses a clear understanding of teaching and learning, and sound specialist knowledge and understanding of the English curriculum;
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom;
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning; and
- will actively support the ethos of the school.
The successful applicant will need to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 28 October 2019