We are seeking an enthusiastic and caring person who has the ability to provide administrative and supervisory assistance to our boarding house. The candidate will work closely with the Director of Boarding in providing pastoral support to the girls within the Boarding House. The candidate will have strong communication skills and a demonstrated understanding of the needs of adolescent girls.
The position is a permanent full-time position commencing in Term 3, 2019. Accommodation within the Boarding House is provided. The position is primarily evening and weekend work. The candidate would be required to work part of every alternate weekend.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- to provide guidance and supervision of all boarding students;
- to undertake administrative functions to support the Director of Boarding;
- supporting the School to provide for the spiritual, academic, cultural emotional and physical needs of the students in the boarding house; and
- to take all reasonable steps to ensure the well-being of the students;
The successful candidate will:
- hold a minimum 2 years’ experience working in a boarding house or similar environment working with adolescent children;
- possess strong knowledge relevant to contemporary adolescents both from a regulatory and well-being framework;
- possess high levels of initiative and interpersonal skills;
- have the ability to organise others in a positive and effective manner;
- hold the ability to resolve conflict, solve problems, conduct difficult negotiations and provide constructive advice and assistance;
- hold a current First Aid Certificate and Australian Driver’s licence;
- possess strong communication skills;
- be highly efficient, being able to manage competing tasks and time effectively;
- have the ability to build rapport and relationships with staff and students;
- hold a background in education or nursing (highly desirable but not essential);
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 24 June 2019