We are seeking an experienced archivist to ensure that records which have value as authentic evidence of the administrative, cultural and intellectual activity of the school are kept and preserved and made available to all researchers and interested persons.
The position is a permanent part time position working 3 days a week, commencing as soon as possible.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Administering, managing and maintaining the Kambala archives, including the transfer, appraisal and description of all relevant archival records and memorabilia including a concurrent development of contextual information about the history of Kambala (its students, staff, buildings and development since 1877).
- Ensuring that all material which forms the archives is created transfer appraised and described according to international records management standards.
- Capturing and recording effective and accurate contextual information when records are transferred, appraised and committed to the Archives proper.
- Managing an effective storage-location retrieval system, including off-site storage.
- Preparing and delivering regular reports about all facets of the school Archives.
- Providing guidance and advice regarding current and future records through on-going development of policy, records procedures and training for staff where required.
- The responsibility for the development and timely review of an archives policy.
- Devising and implementing a whole of school records management system in consultation with the Business Manager and Executive.
- Designing and facilitating regular exhibitions and displays celebrating Kambala’s history.
- Working with students, teachers and the marketing team to help educate the Kambala community about the school’s heritage.
- Providing research and outreach services to the extended community.
- Ensuring on-going conservation and preservation of the archives, both physical and digital.
- Providing research and reference services within and beyond the school and develop relationships with the school community.
- Managing the archives facility (including budget, storage needs, security and maintenance).
We are looking for a candidate who:
- possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- has a strong customer service focus and is able to keep calm in any busy environment at all times.
- has the ability to maintain highly confidentiality information.
- is adaptable to a very busy environment.
- possesses excellent team building skills.
- is analytical and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- possesses strong attention to detail.
- has effective organisational skills.
- can demonstrate strong computer skills and ability to learn quickly.
- will support the co-curricular programs at the school.
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning.
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae in addition to your academic transcript.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 04 March 2019