We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced professional to join our Senior School Religious Education team. This is a temporary part time position on a 0.45 teaching load as a temporary position for 2019.
As an independent Anglican school, the Religious Education program plays an important role across the school in teaching the students about the Christian faith and also world religions and ethics. The position will involve teaching junior years as well as some senior classes and an allocation for chaplaincy work, including coordinating a short Junior School Chapel service each week and involvement in lunchtime groups.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- applying knowledge of content/discipline through effective teaching activities and
- integrating ICT in teaching and learning to meet syllabus outcomes
- applying a theoretical and practical understanding of different approaches to learning to enhance student outcomes
- using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources, including ICT, to make content meaningful to all students
- providing timely, effective and consistent oral and written feedback to students to encourage them to reflect on and monitor their learning
- using a range of assessment tools and documentation to provide information about students and to inform teaching plans and activities
- understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning
- using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning
- establishing safe and supportive learning environments
- managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is passionate about the teaching of Religious Education
- possesses teaching qualifications and is an effective classroom teacher with an excellent understanding of the curriculum and pedagogy
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
- can demonstrate a sound knowledge and personal affinity with the Christian tradition, biblical studies and ethical issues
- is passionate about the teaching and development of spiritual understanding amongst students
- can display a high level of biblical literacy and awareness of issues in Religious Studies
- is knowledgeable of the effective use of ICT in the classroom in order to improve student learning outcomes
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to obtain the best results
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School
- has a commitment to the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning
Any applicant will be required to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 9388 6853