We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced temporary full time individual to join our Visual Arts, Design and Technology department.
The position is a temporary full time position to cover maternity leave in Semester 1 2019, with potential to transition to a 0.40 part time position in Semester 2. It is expected that this role will be innovative, work collaboratively with colleagues and engage fully in the co-curricular life of the School.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- applying knowledge of content/discipline through effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage;
- designing and implementing relevant learning and teaching sequences using the NSW NESA syllabus;
- integrating ICT in teaching and learning to meet syllabus outcomes;
- applying a theoretical and practical understanding of different approaches to learning to enhance student outcomes;
- using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources, including ICT to make content meaningful to all students;
- providing timely, effective and consistent oral and written feedback to students to encourage them to reflect on and monitor their learning;
- using a range of assessment tools and documentation to provide information about students and to inform teaching plans and activities;
- understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning;
- using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning;
- establishing safe and supportive learning environments;
- managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities.
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about the teaching of Design and Technology;
- has a minimum 5 years’ experience in Design and Technology education;
- has a natural rapport with student, staff and parents;
- possesses a strong academic record;
- has a high level of skill in using ICT to record and respond to students’ learning and development;
- is a collegial worker who seeks to further develop and implement effective programs that meet the needs of individual students;
- can demonstrate flexibility and preparedness to be involved in the life of the school;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 9388 6853
Applications close: 19 November 2018