We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional to join our dynamic Science department with strengths in teaching Biology.
This position is a temporary full time role commencing in Term 4 2018 for a period of one term. Preference will be given to suitable applicants with qualifications and experience in successfully teaching the NSW Curriculum. Experience teaching HSC is highly desirable.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- applying knowledge of content/discipline through effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage
- designing and implementing relevant learning and teaching sequences using the NSW NESA syllabus
- integrating ICT in teaching and learning to meet syllabus outcomes
- applying a theoretical and practical understanding of different approaches to learning to enhance student outcomes
- using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources, including ICT, to make content meaningful to all students
- providing timely, effective and consistent oral and written feedback to students to encourage them to reflect on and monitor their learning
- using a range of assessment tools and documentation to provide information about students and to inform teaching plans and activities
- understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning
- using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning
- establishing safe and supportive learning environments
- managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities
We are looking for someone who:
- possesses a strong academic record
- is an effective classroom teacher with an excellent understanding of the NSW curriculum and pedagogy
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to obtain the best results
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom in order to improve student learning outcomes
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning
Any applicant will be required to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 9388 6853
Applications close: 13 July 2018